10 bands you can’t miss this year in Austin TX
1. Mac Demarco – Mac will surely be freakin’ out the neighborhood in Austin this year. Listening to his latest release “2” on the morning stroll to class…. excellent. Hearing these songs performed live….even better!
2. BADBADNOTGOOD – These guys backed Frank Ocean at Coachella? Hell yeah they did! They also do Kanye, Tyler, and James Blake covers. Throw in a “Pretty Boy Swag” remix accompanied by an enthusiastic Jazz/Hip-Hop fusion sound, and you got yourselves one helluva show.
3. Pangea – These L.A. and Burger Records bros know how to play some Rock n’ Roll. I can’t wait to get my ass kicked at one of their shows! Listen to their Killer Dreams EP bellow.
4. Flatbush Zombies – This Brooklyn Hip-Hop collective loves Acid. Something’s a little off there…. but that’s what makes these guys great. I would love to witness some Foaming-at-the-mouth flows of the ZOMBIES.
5. Diarrhea Planet – C’mon guys, this is just some wonderful Punk Rock. The name says it all, go see these Nashville rockers.
6. Kendrick Lamar, SchoolBoy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock – All of them together would be heavenly. I’ll be waiting for the secret show announcements….
7. Hundred Visions – These Austin natives know how to produce some very catchy, jangly pop tunes. Bounce along to “Where do I Sign?” below!
8. Beach Fossils – South-by regulars Beach Fossils are back and fresh off the release of their sophomore album Clash the Truth. Get out and see these dudes, you will be pleasantly surprised to see a decent mosh and maybe even some crowd surfers.
9. He’s My Brother She’s My Sister – This L.A. group brings a very nice blend of catchy garage rock with a hint of country influence. Desert Pop? Garage Country? It’s like if Edward Sharpe had balls.
10. Spider Bags – Picture this: you stumble into a bar on Sixth Street…. all of a sudden you hear some bad-ass guitar and whiskey tinged vocals. You don’t know where you are, or how you got in there, but hot damn you are thankful Spider Bags are playing. I salute these Jersey boys!
Hope everyone has a Bummer-less SXSW!